Thanks for visiting our store!
The Organic Mamas are based on the beautiful Northern Beaches in Sydney, Australia.
During the search for a cleaner and greener way of living, we came across organic cotton and couldn't believe how soft and durable the cotton was - and no nasty smells! Have you noticed that when you go into a fabric retail outlet and take a deep breath, you can literally smell the chemicals emanating from the surrounding fabric?
The Organic Mamas aim to promote the use of organic cotton as an affordable alternative.
But most of all, to give today’s parents a natural choice.
WHY CHOOSE ORGANIC COTTON OVER CONVENTIONALLY GROWN COTTON?
While conventionally grown cotton is often thought of as a ‘natural’ fabric, few realise how destructive the farming practices employed by farmers are on our environment. Its time we started to make a change.
JUST A FEW INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE FARMING PRACTICES OF ORGANIC COTTON FARMERS:
* A balance is maintained between ‘pests’ and their natural predators through healthy soil
* Trap crops may be planted to lure insects away from the cotton plant
* Physical weed removal is employed rather than chemical destruction
* Weeds are controlled through cultivation and hand hoeing
* Strong soil is built through crop rotation
* Soil retains water more efficiently due to increased organic matter in the soil
* Organic cotton growers help preserve our air, water, soil and the bountiful
biodiversity of our planet.
For further information, go to www.aboutorganiccotton.org or:
WASHING AND CARE INSTRUCTIONS
To maintain the natural qualities of your organic mamas product, we recommend washing with baking soda, or vinegar, or your favourite ‘environmentally friendly’ laundry product.
As with any cotton fabric, there will be some shrinkage if the garment is dried at a high temperature - please do not tumble dry.
We recommend line drying as the best option. And you get the bonus of that beautiful dried-in-the-sun smell and feel!
CONTACT THE MAMAS
You can contact us through the Contact Form on the Home Page or:
Phone: (Australia) 0400 686 698
Fax: (Australia) 02 9971 4822